Nutty Summer Stir Fry
Mariana Abeid-McDougall, Phys Ed ’06 (Achiever Fitness)
- One giant zuchini (or 3 medium zuchini), cut into long strips
- One medium eggplant, cut into long strips
- One large red pepper, cut into long strips
- Half a cup toasted walnuts pieces (I buy the walnuts halved and cut them up and toast them myself. This saves money, is tastier, and I know what’s going into it during the toasting process: nothing).
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
Mix all other ingredients, except walnuts, directly in a large wok. Add the sauce. Fry over high heat, stirring frequently, unitl sauce is bubbling (about 10 minutes).
Meanwhile, toast your walnuts. Cut them into small pieces if you have not already purchased them this way. On a dry non-stick fry pan, fry the walnuts, stirring constantly, until the nuts are browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the walnuts to the wok, mix, and enjoy!